Inaugurated in 1984, the Aitken Spence Travels Aviation Division continues to assist in the managing of charter operations, conducted by leading names in the aviation industry between Europe and Colombo.
With over three decades of airline experience including aircraft handling in Sri Lanka, our division is well-accustomed to dealing with the complex aspects of the aviation field; this includes flight operation, assisting in customs & immigration procedures and unloading of baggage. We provide the following services while maintaining the highest levels of professionalism and service to all our partners.
- Assist to obtain permission from the Civil Aviation Authority in Sri Lanka to operate flights into and out of Colombo
- Assist to obtain SLOT clearance from SriLankan Airlines
- Assist to obtain landing and parking clearance to park aircraft overnight
- Negotiate with airline caterers for aircraft catering services and menus
- Assist in negotiating re-fuelling of aircraft with the local aviation fuel supplier
- Providing hotel accommodation and transport for the airline crew during a night stop or layover
- Supervise passenger and baggage check-in at the airport
- Supervise the loading and unloading of baggage from the aircraft
- Assist incoming and outgoing crew with customs and immigration formalities
- Assist crew to obtain the flight plan and weather forecasting
- Attend to all communication/messages pertaining to the operation of the aircraft
Obtain the best possible hotel rates and ground transportation for your clients if the need arises
- Any other form of assistance that you may require in Sri Lanka